Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Im so sick :(

Soooo..........here I am another year older. Work is crazier than ever and I get nailed with strep throat. And thanks to the advice of the nurse at the hospital I decided to enjoy some dry toast to take with my antibiotic so to not upset my stomach.
Well, that same toast , while delicious, also caused me to break a tooth. One root canal later I am on soft foods. And the one saving grace is my mothers chicken soup. If any of you are feeling the pain of the strep or the virus thats going around and cherish your teeth I would recommend making a big pot of chicken soup and take that sinister dry toast and dip in the broth and call it day.
Sorry this isnt the most creative or gourmet recipe...but if you would understand if you saw the condition I am in. Get well!

1 split chicken breast (skin and bones)
1 can college inn chicken broth
2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
1 onion  diced
1 carrot chopped
1 bay leaf
1 package egg noodle
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground pepper
8 cups water
Sautee onions  in the olive oil with garlic salt and pepper...3 minutes add water bay leaf and chicken and boil for an hour. Strain broth into a pot. Remove the meat off the bones and add back into strained broth. Add another 2 cups of water bring to boil add egg noodles carrots and celery until noodles are soft and serve. Then go back to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment