Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Monday, September 12, 2011

Going Greek....home made creamy greek dressing recipe


So this past Saturday I was in Sommerville for their annual "Greek Festival" with my friend Jen"Crazypants"Fitzgerald. It was so beautiful. On top of a huge hill under big white lit up tents. There was music and dancing...and I had a big fat kiss bestowed upon me courtesy of "Nick the Greek" during an exchange of money for a beautiful coined dancing skirt that he also took the liberty of tying around my waist. AND THE FOOD......oh my god the food! Amazing roasted lamb and vegetables , spinach pie, Baklava drowned in honey and the BEST Greek salad I have ever had in my life!
I was able to finagle the recipe out of one of the greek ladies serving the food...Mary Pantazopoulos..so I wanted to share this with you.
This is the perfect weather for some roasted lamb or pot roast and nothing goes better then a great Greek salad! This is a creamier version and they use buttermilk to thicken it up.I also like to use this to marinate my meats in. So if you have some steak , chicken or lamb tips this works beautifully! "OPA!!"

Creamy Greek Dressing
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1tsp sugar
1 clove of garlic finely minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dill
1/2 cup feta
1/2 cup buttermilk
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

Put all ingredients in the food processor or blender blend until smooth. Serve over salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment