Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Great Appetizers Think Alike...herbed cream cheese on pumpernickel with cucmbers and fresh dill

So after a long night of nightmares and not sleeping because apparently my subconscious is trying to work some stuff out... I was able to finally get about an hours sleep ..only to be woken upbright and early by the sounds of construction workers...because nothing says lets build something better then an impending hurricane!!!
  My neighbor Kathy (who graciously donated some gorgeous tomato's from her garden after catching a glimpse of my pathetic bounty in my garden) was preparing for a party. She invited me over to taste test a little appetizer she had whipped together...all I can say is YUMMMMM!!!! She had got a couple mini loafs of sliced pumpernickel and spread a herb and Italian seasoning creamed cheese over the bread and then topped them with sliced cucumbers and fresh dill...They are so sweet and fresh tasting they are very reminiscent of an English tea sandwich.. perfect little Hors d'oeurve for a hot muggy day outside. I absolutely love the flavors and I am really quite surprised that I never thought of this!  Thanks Kathy!!

1 loaf mini pumpernickel
Cream cheese
cucumbers sliced
fresh dill
1 small packet good seasons Italian dressing
fresh parsley (finely diced)
cracked pepper
In a bowl mix cream cheese and packet of dressing with parsley. Spread  each slice of bread with the cream cheese mix and layer with cucumbers and garnish with fresh dill! I would recommend serving these with a nice bottle of prossecco and sleep!!lol

No comments:

Post a Comment