Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Monday, August 22, 2011

Drama Free Fried Green Tomato BLT's With garlic avacado spread and over easy egg!

So once again I tried my hand at gardening....epic fail!I started back in May carefully caring for the seedlings of two tomato plants, radishs, some cucumbers , lettuce , chilis, and three types of herbs. I waited until an appropriate time and planted them outside.Just like the directions told me to doand then came the freezing temps and snow in JUNE. I am going to take this and run with it as the main reason why I have ONE radish to show for all my love and hard work. But then it was as if it happened overnight 6 mini tomatos appeared on my plants!!! And well, after being cooped up and writing all month...I have decided that tonight I will pluck one of theese babies , fry it up and make a well deserved Fried Green tomato BLT with a garlic avacado spread. This is so easy and perfect for the paitient gardner who can't wait to taste the fruits of his labor. And may i suggest some freah squeezed lemonade and salty kettle chips...perfect end of summer meal! back to the book!Cheers!

1 green tomato sliced and sweeted on paper towels
1 egg beaten
bread crumbs
thick country style bread
1 avacado riped pitted peeled and smashed
1 garlic clve finely diced
lettuce
bacon (thick cut /cooked)
mayo
salt/ pepper/ dash cumin
oil for frying
egg cooked over easy
In a medium saute pan heat oil. Coat each tomato slice with egg then bread crumbs. Fry in oil tiull golden brown on each side. Drain oil on paper towels. Mash fresh garlic salt pepper cummin and 1 tbsp mayo with avacado. Spread mixture on the bread. Layer with lettuce, fried tomatos bacon and then top with fried egg over easy. Serve with some yummy salty kettle chips and lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment