Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feliz Cumpleanos Ben Warner !!...and Happy Cinco de Mayo all!


I have two reasons to celebrate Cinco De Mayo...first because it's a great way to pay tribute to all that the mexican culture has contributed to the US (Gracias for the tequila and salsa!!)..but also it is my friend Ben's birthday! Hopefully alot of you will be getting together to celebrate...my friends and I typically will do a pot luck..and everyone brings a dish or side of some sort for a big meal or we will just do apps and drinks before heading out to a local establishment to continue the party.
 In honor of Ben's birthday I am going to give you guys the BEST margarita recipe and an awesome Guac-dip. I have over 10 gauc recipes and have won many a "GUAC-OFF"!
 This one I actually got when I was working out in Hollywood...my friends Cherryl's roomate Chad used to make this...and let me just say there are photos somewhere of a group of us that actually took the guac and hid away in a closet and devoured the entire bowl! If this is all you do this Cinco De Mayo...it's enough! Enjoy!..Happy birthday Ben!

Ben's Birthday Margaritas
1 can frozen lime aid
6 limes squeezed
1 cup Orange juice
1 bottle tequila (smokey)
Throw all of it in a pitcure and mix....coat the rims of glasses with a salt sugar cayenne pepper mix and serve over ice!

The Chad's Guac Dip
4 ripe avacados peeled/pitted and smashed       1tbsp finelydiced jalepeno
juice from 1 lime and 1/2 lemon                         1tsp cumin
1 tomato diced                                                  salt and pepper to taste
1 onion diced                                                     1/2 cup finely diced cilantro
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese                        1/4 tsp habeneo sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne
Mixed it all together and chill..serve with chips or plantains!!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to print this one too sounds even better and I mean the guac dip:)

    ReplyDelete