Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's my BBQ and I'll Diet if I want too! (Strawberry Vanilla Almond Cream Pie with Honey Gram Crust)

My friend Jennifer called me in a panic...she's hosting a Memorial Day BBQ,and like most of us shes on a diet. (Years of Gourmet cooking finally caught up with me...and my ass so I am also on Weight Watchers with her) Anyway, shes a tad challenged in the kitchen and she wants this BBQ to be as WW-friendly as possible. SOOOOO..this whole week I will be experimenting and giving you all some Censational Low fat Weight Watchers friendly BBQ ideas. (Here's my challenge: Come up with a BBQ menu start to finish for around 10grams of fat and under 15 points...for some perspective a children's cheeseburger Happy Meal @McDonald's is 24 grams of fat and 15points and most importantly keeping the cost CENSATIONAL!!The total cost for this was $5.00 and that's for 2 pies!!)
  It's hard being a gourmet chef and being on any kind of calorie restricted anything but I must say it's been fun and so far I have lost 24lbs in 3 months. So this is for all of you who are also trying to loose some lbs. but still LOVE and appreciate Gourmet food.*please excuse some of the ingredients they may not all be made from scratch, however in order to keep with in the guidelines it's necessary.


Strawberry vanilla-almond cream pie w/ honey gram crust
1 quart strawberries thinly sliced
1 package sugar free / fat free vanilla pudding
1 cup fat free milk
1/4 tsp almond extract
1tub frozen fat free whipped topping(cool whip)
8 gram crackers finely crushed in food processor
Butter PAM


Spray 2 pie pans with Butter PAM..pour half gram cracker mix in each and spread to fill bottom of pan. In bowl mix pudding and milk together let set then mix with entire container of fat free Cool Whip pour 1/2 mixture in each and spread to cover the crust and then layer strawberries on top and freeze until ready to serve! 1/4 of this pie is 1POINT and only 2 grams of fat!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey auntie just about to print it so that I can try to make sound very yummy!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete