Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Monday, October 24, 2011

Scary Good Halloween Sausage Ricotta And Pumpkin Pasta!

  Anyone who knows me is well aware of my almost certifiable addiction to anything pumpkin. This is my most favorite time of year.... So much so, that I sing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" as soon as I leave my house and the cool crisp Autumn air hits me and the trees shimmy in the wind blowing my skirt up and amber and scarlet leaves into my perfectly quaffed hair.
I am the first person in line at Brooksby Farms when and they release the pressed cider and don't even make it to my car before I am devouring the delicious apple cider doughnuts!!!
So who doesn't love a good pumpkin ravioli?...but who seriously has time to make them from scratch? Certainly not this busy gal!...So here is my solution...one of my all time favorite fall recipes "Sausage Ricotta and Pumpkin Pasta" Its  yummy, inexpensive  and so easy to make. this is definitely something that celebrates the fall and is ideal to serve company this Halloween weekend before the Trick or Treating festivities begin! I recommend Roasting the Pumpkin the night before and then pureeing when cooled off. And I like to take the seeds toss them with a little butter brown sugar Worcestershire sauce and cayenne for a sweet and spicy treat to serve my guests as they arrive along with some mulled wine or cider!
1 cup roasted pureed pumpkin*
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup hard apple cider
1 condensed chicken stock
garlic(1 tsp diced)
1tsp shallots
1bay leaf
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
2 tbsp Butter
1 pound Pasta cooked
1lb sweet Italian sausage pulled out of the casings

Over medium heat brown the sausage add onions garlic and butter cook 3 minutes. Add the cider,sage, bay leaf and condensed chicken stock. Bring to a boil add the pumpkin reduce heat by 50% and stir.Add heavy cream and simmer 5minutes.Add the cheese. Stir well. Toss with cooked pasta.Top with fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment