Jade Mason

Jade Mason

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Christmas in June..Introducing Ashlyn Jackson

I never post any of my recipes from my upcoming book..however, this is a special occasion. My niece Ashlyn Jackson just graduated from middle school and she really wanted me to give her a cooking lesson. The requested dish was my "Christmas Enchiladas"..these aren't just any enchilada they are the holy grail of enchiladas that will have you singing Christmas carols!
Ashlyn has always been a fan of Auntie's cooking...since she was a baby. I swear she cut her teeth just so she would be able to eat my food at 6months! It was a total trip having her in the kitchen with me as my little sous-chef. I am also proud to say she took to that knife like it was part of her hand. She had never sliced or diced or minced and she was a natural!! We spent about 2 hours and made the X-mas enchiladas, homemade queso, homeade chips and salsa and my garden guacamole(check out the photos they were all her!!)..2 hours and in a matter of 20 minutes my mum, son and Ashlyn had devoured everything!!!
...So looks like we will be having some cooking camps this summer and I can't wait to see her progress...maybe even kicking my butt in the kitchen!!!
We roasted our own chili's for the tomiltilo and chili salsa verde* that is one of the key components as well as my secret cream sauce that will have you eating out of the pot before you even have time to stuff the tortillas. It is definitely one of those dishes that you need to have some time on your hands to make but the outcome are some enchiladas so spectacular you can serve them to the baby Jesus himself  and are certainly worthy of any celebratory event: )....Congrats Ash!!!!xoxoxox Happy June Christmas everyone!! lol

CHRISTMAS ENCHILADAS
1lb. chicken breast                             1beer
3long green chillis(roasted/diced)         8oz. chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 onion diced onion                         1tsp cumin
8 flour tortillas                                     *salsa verde(recipe in book)1cup
1package shredded cheddar cheese
In a large fry pan place chicken and pour beer in and bring to boil. Poach chicken until white all the way through. take chicken out from stock and slice and dice then return to stock. Add onions,chilli's, cumin and cream cheese and mix until well blended. Heat oven to 425*. Cup tortillas and fill with chicken and sauce and roll. Place side by side in casserole dish. Top with salsa verde and then with cheese. bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts and looks crispy....



No comments:

Post a Comment